23 Noviembre 2014
With the holidays right around the corner, you’ll want to look your best! From work parties to family events, chances are you’ll be attending a variety of holiday get-togethers where all eyes will be on you. In addition to wearing your best little black dress and getting that perfect blowout, you’ll want your skin to be in top shape. Here are a few tips to get a holiday glow.
Exfoliate. Exfoliating works wonders on your skin by eliminating the dead, old damaged layers of skin and revealing new, smooth layers underneath. Use a gentle, yet effective exfoliating product like Shinso Glow to renew your skin. Shinso Glow includes fullerene, which penetrates the skin cells to detoxify and regenerate healthy skin cells and restore the skin’s natural functions, leaving skin plumper and more youthful. Shinso Glow also contains natural fruit and SOD, superoxide dismutase. SOD is a naturally occurring enzyme with important antioxidant and healing properties – a crucial defense for skin cells.
Fake a tan. The lack of sunlight and cold temperatures of winter leave most women with pale, naturally whiter skin. Don’t be tempted to hit the tanning bed, and instead fake a glow with the latest beauty products. Whether it’s a sunless tanner or just a few swipes of a golden-hued bronzer, it only takes a little makeup to give your skin a natural glow. And don’t forget your sunscreen on days spent outdoors!
Moisturize. With harsh winds, skin can get chapped and flaky, so moisturizing daily is key to supple skin. Foundation and concealers do not go on well when skin is dry, so proper moisturizing ensures a smooth application. The same goes for your lips- that holiday red shade of lipstick won’t work on chapped or flaky lips, so be sure to keep them extra-moisturized as well.
06 Octubre 2014
While having a spa inside our home would be ideal, most of us cannot afford that. However, there are some affordable ways to give yourself an at-home skin detox. Next time you have a free weekend to pamper yourself, why not try a few of these tips?
Start your at-home detox by watching what you eat and drink. Avoid salty foods (which can make your skin look and feel dehydrated and bloated) and anything spicy (which may trigger redness or inflammation). Drink plenty of water throughout the day and try herbal teas with ingredients such as ginger or chamomile to calm yourself.
Next, it’s time to give yourself a DIY facial. Apply a warm washcloth to your face to open up your pores. After 10-15 minutes of that, it’s time to apply a thick face mask. As you let the mask soak into your skin, relax with some music. Wipe away the mask and watch as you see the impurities and the day’s dirt wash away.
Exfoliating is also a great way to detox your skin. Shinso Glow is a light exfoliant with many added benefits. After removing away the product, your skin will be free of the dead layers. Apply a thick moisturizer and let it soak in for hours as you read magazines, watch TV or anything else that helps you relax.
Lastly, spend some time cleaning your makeup brushes and other items you use on your face daily. These brushes easily foster germs, skin cells and makeup, so cleaning them bi-weekly is a must. While you’re at it, toss out any expired or old beauty or skincare products, as you want your skin to stay clean and fresh in the future.
09 Septiembre 2014
There are few beauty and skincare brands that produce products that cater to a wide audience. Most products focus on younger skin, older skin, acne-prone skin, etc. This results in women using multiple products at once, which can irritate the skin or cancel out the effects of certain ingredients. Shinso Skincare carries a variety of products that boast benefits for women and men of any age.
- Shinso Essence- Shinso Essence instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. It helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. With regular use, it will reveal the true you with firmer and smoother skin. Even if you don’t have wrinkles yet, Essence will work to prevent them by tightening the skin. It’s a great preventative measure to take!
- Shinso Mist- Shinso Mist hydrates and energizes skin. It can also be used to set makeup for long-lasting power, which is great for women and men of any age. It only takes a few quick spritzes- another bonus!
- Shinso Glow- Shinso Glow works to exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead or damaged cells, so your true, beautiful skin can shine through. Exfoliation is key at any age, and has the added benefit of allowing for better penetration of serums and moisturizers.
02 Septiembre 2014
Whether you’re constantly on the road for your job, or you enjoy multiple vacations a year, traveling can be difficult on your skincare routine. You can’t always pack your entire bathroom cabinet and you may not have time to indulge in the treatments you usually do at home. Here are a few travel skincare tips to help along your journeys.
- Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated is key to retain your skin’s elasticity and health. This means drinking plenty of water and eating foods with high water content, such as fruits and veggies.
- Hydrate your skin. In addition to drinking enough water, you also need to moisturize often- maybe even more than usual. Traveling via airplane is a common situation where the skin gets dry quickly, so bring some moisturizer with you on your carry-on and apply generously.
- Pack the necessities. When you can only bring a few products, pick the ones you need to use on a daily basis, and include smaller samples of products you might use weekly or every-other-day. Important items include a moisturizer (like Shinso Essence), a gentle cleanser, a light exfoliant and any products for specific skin problems, such as acne. Lots of brands carry travel-size products, but if not, you can always pour your full-size product into a smaller container.
- Research the climate beforehand. Check the weather and the climate of your destination, so you’ll know what to expect for your skin. Drier weather calls for a hydrating facial mist, while colder weather calls for a thick moisturizer for your lips and cheeks.
25 Agosto 2014
With summer coming to an end, it’s time to transition your skincare for the fall season. You no longer have to worry so much about your makeup sweating off, hiding uneven tan lines or any other summer skin concerns. Here are a few tips to prepare your skin for fall.
- Switch from lotions to creams. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
- Start using hand cream. Your hands begin to get dry and crack faster once the air starts to get cooler and the wind picks up. Use a thick hand cream to nourish your hands and prevent aging signs.
- Fix summer damages with a deep-cleaning treatment. Your skin is probably damaged from the sun, sand and sweat you experienced during summer. Spend one day a week by giving yourself a deep skin treatment, including exfoliation (Shinso Glow) a serum that deeply penetrates the skin (Shinso Essense) and more.
- Prevent dry skin. Wash your face with tepid- not cold or boiling hot- water as to not irritate your skin. Moisturize daily and nightly to prevent dry skin from even becoming a problem.
- Use SPF. As always, make sure to apply SPF each day. You may not be exposed to as much sun as summer or spring, but it’s still out there and can hurt your skin.