23 Septiembre 2015
Have you ever wondered why some women have naturally plump skin, while others seem to lack fullness and a healthy glow? It turns out that there are various ways you can make your skin appear plumper by using a few products and updating your skincare routine.
Getting enough Vitamin C isn’t just good for your health, it also has great effects on your skin as well. Vitamin C helps you fight off wrinkles while helping amp up the formulation of collagen, which gives skim a plump appearance and texture. In addition to getting enough of the vitamin in your diet, there are also topical products that contain Vitamin C as well.
Staying Away from Smoking & The Sun
Both smoking and exposure to UVA rays damage the collagen in your skin, leading to wrinkles, sagging skin, and more.
Exfoliating removes the top layer of skin (all those dead skin cells) to help speed up the natural process of skin and collagen renewal. Look for products that contain hydroxy acids, since they promote new skin cells ones to grow after the exfoliation. Or if you’d rather do-it-yourself, there are various homemade exfoliating scrub recipes available online.
Although it may sound silly, facial exercises can help keep your skin in tip-top shape. Use your fingers to tap skin on your forehead, under eyes, the jaw, chin and cheeks. Repeat these exercises twice a day (for about five to ten minutes per day) to start to really see results.
20 Julio 2015
The reality of this topic is that sun damage isn’t always completely reversible, which is why it’s super important to always wear sunscreen with high SPF. But if you’ve failed to take the right procedures in your past and your skin shows that, there are a few options to help erase the appearance of sun damage on your skin. Read on to learn how to remove brown spots, wrinkles, and more.
Look for products with SOD, like Shinso Essence. SOD, superoxide dismutase, is a naturally occurring enzyme found in the dermis and epidermis that neutralizes age-accelerating free radicals. SOD is a potent anti-aging treatment that is essential to the production of healthy fibroblasts (skin-building cells) while it repairs previously damaged skin cells. With regular use of Shinso Essence, damaged skin cells are regenerated to a younger version of themselves resulting in a more youthful appearance. Shinso Essence will refine your skin’s texture and leave your face noticeably brighter and youthfully radiant.
Try chemical exfoliation. If your skin is the right type/fit for the procedure, you could try chemical exfoliation. Chemical exfoliation dissolves dead skin cells instead of scrubbing them offthe way buffers and granule cleansers do. Look for a product with a 5 percent to 8 percent concentration of glycolic acid (which is the active ingredient that removes the extra layers of dead cells that are holding all of the brown pigment that has clumped and accumulated over the years).
Use topical creams with antioxidants. Apply an antioxidant-rich topical cream daily, ideally at night. Antioxidants help protect the skin’s DNA to prevent cancer while also protecting the collagen and elastic tissue from free radicals that can cause wrinkles and sagging skin. Look for serums with Vitamin C–based antioxidants, since they work to reduce uneven brown pigmentation.
24 Marzo 2015
There are various actions you can proactively take to help improve your skin, ranging from eating the right foods to using the correct products for your skin type. In addition, there are a few things you should stay away from if you want a clear and glowing complexion. Below are just a few things to stop doing if you want good skin.
- Smoking. Smoking depletes your body of nutrients that it needs, like Vitamin C. Smokers often see negative effects on their skin, including bags under the eyes, premature aging, a loss of a natural glow and even redness or other skin tone issues. Studies show that after only 10 years of smoking, it’s already possible to see the effects in the faces of young adults.
- Taking hot showers. It can be tempting to take hot showers or baths, but in reality, they are bad for your skin. When you shower with very hot water, you will notice that your skin will get redder than usual. This is how you’ll know it’s too hot. When you shower in that temperature of water, it strips away the skin’s natural and healthy oils and moisture. Without these oils and moisture, your skin becomes dry, itchy and cracked. So cut the shower a bit shorter and adjust the temperature just a little to see instant results in your skin’s health and quality.
- Letting stress get the best of you. Stress affects everyone differently, ranging from mood swings to bad skin. Stress causes a chemical response in your body that could lead to various reactions. These reactions often include breakouts, hives or rashes to name a few. If you have an existing skin condition, such as psoriasis or rosacea, stress can worsen the symptoms and appearance. To reduce stress to improve your skin, be sure to continue taking good care of your skin and health (such as exercising and eating right).
16 Febrero 2015
Winter winds and cool temperatures can be harsh on your skin, making it dry and parched. It’s crucial to keep your skin moisturized always, but especially during this season. Here are a few easy ways to hydrate your skin in the winter.
In sounds simple enough, but make sure to drink enough water in the winter. Drinking water hydrates you from the inside out, and is crucial to keeping your skin moisturized and healthy. There are a few tricks to making sure you get your 8 recommended glasses a day. Start with an herbal tea in the morning if regular water is too plain or cold for you. Add all natural flavors to your water, like a squeeze of fresh lemon, to give make it tastier. Lastly, keep your water right next to where you are working or sleeping, so you’ll be reminded to drink up constantly throughout the day.
If the air is so dry that it’s affecting your skin, you may want to invest in a humidifier in your home- mainly your bedroom.
Slathering on moisturizer, serums and oils are great for winter skin. Layer the products so the moisturizer is on the bottom and a thicker serum is on top. This will trap in the moisture and make it penetrate into the skin quicker. Use products made especially for dry, damaged skin- they typically contain special ingredients that cannot be found in regular, daily skincare products.
07 Agosto 2014
Shinso skincare products contain an array of natural ingredients, including botanical herbs and water straight from Japan. Another naturally-occurring ingredient you will see in many skincare products is seaweed. Below we list a few of the many health and skin benefits of seaweed.
- In ancient Polynesia, they used seaweed treat various wounds, bruises and swellings, and is today often used on burns and wounds as well. The oils found in seaweed help dead or damaged skin cells renew and rejuvinate.
- Seaweed contains anti-aging and anti-cellulite properties, so applying it to skin can help improve elasticity.
- Seaweed is known as a common emollient that has smoothing, anti-inflammatory properties that can have a positive effect on problems such as facial wrinkles or redness. It acts as a moisturizer by forming a protective layer on the skin that reduces loss of moisture.
- Seaweed is packed with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, which are all important to having youthful skin. A few essential vitamins it has includes: A1, B12, C, E, K, and folic acid. Selenium and ascorbic acid protects the skin from damaging free radicals. It can therefore help with rosacea or other skin-irritating issues.
- Seaweed baths are known to help relax and soothe irritated skin.
- Seaweed’s anti-inflammatory compounds can have a positive affect on reducing the swelling of acne.
Next time you’re at your local beauty store, check out and see their product offerings that contain seaweed!