Dr. Paul Cohen Highlights Skincare for Cancer Treatment Patients
04 Noviembre 2014
Dermatologist Dr. Paul Cohen recently stopped by a Canadian morning television show to share tips on how to care for skin during cancer treatments and the do’s and don’ts of taking care of your skin. Among the products he highlighted was Shinso Essence. Below is an overview of all the helpful tips Dr. Cohen touched on during the 5-minute segment.
- Two of the most common changes in the skin during and after cancer treatments are rashes and sun sensitivity.
- While you’re undergoing cancer therapy, it’s crucial to soothe, heal and protect your skin.
- A large concern of those undergoing cancer treatments is dehydration. Patients often ask what the best moisturizer out there is. Look for products with natural moisturizing ingredients, such as oatmeal.
- Avoid products with fragrance or perfume, since the overpowering scents could cause nausea or make it worse.
- For itchy skin or rashes, use cortisone cream to soothe the skin.
- Always apply a sunscreen- look for hypoallergenic versions to avoid any irritations to the skin.
- Shinso products- especially Essence- are like a “facelift in a bottle”. Dr. Cohen praises the products created by a “Japanese rocket scientist” for their face-lifting properties. All Shinso products are also made without parabens or harsh chemicals.
- Stay away from any irritants when using makeup or other beauty products.
You can view the video here: http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=478471&playlistId=1.2076720&binId=1.815911&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1