The Healing Power of Seaweed
07 Agosto 2014
Shinso skincare products contain an array of natural ingredients, including botanical herbs and water straight from Japan. Another naturally-occurring ingredient you will see in many skincare products is seaweed. Below we list a few of the many health and skin benefits of seaweed.
- In ancient Polynesia, they used seaweed treat various wounds, bruises and swellings, and is today often used on burns and wounds as well. The oils found in seaweed help dead or damaged skin cells renew and rejuvinate.
- Seaweed contains anti-aging and anti-cellulite properties, so applying it to skin can help improve elasticity.
- Seaweed is known as a common emollient that has smoothing, anti-inflammatory properties that can have a positive effect on problems such as facial wrinkles or redness. It acts as a moisturizer by forming a protective layer on the skin that reduces loss of moisture.
- Seaweed is packed with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, which are all important to having youthful skin. A few essential vitamins it has includes: A1, B12, C, E, K, and folic acid. Selenium and ascorbic acid protects the skin from damaging free radicals. It can therefore help with rosacea or other skin-irritating issues.
- Seaweed baths are known to help relax and soothe irritated skin.
- Seaweed’s anti-inflammatory compounds can have a positive affect on reducing the swelling of acne.
Next time you’re at your local beauty store, check out and see their product offerings that contain seaweed!